My favorite part of the process has definitely been the opportunity to share in this journey with all of you. From chatting with readers to reading blog posts and checking out my Goodreads and Amazon pages, it has been an honor to realize Essence’s characters no longer simply exist in my head.
They are out in the world now. They are making mistakes and struggling desperately to learn from them. They are entertaining you, sometimes frustrating you, touching your life and bringing shades of your own experiences to the forefront of your thoughts.
They are reminding you of things. Of that summer you spent in Yosemite, of that complicated bad boy you once met, of the mistakes and lessons you learned when you first tried to figure out who you wanted to be when you grew up.
And, you know what? It’s a damn honor to share in these memories with you.
Here are some of my favorite reader quotes so far:
- “I loved every second of Essence, and as soon as I finished it I wanted to start reading it all over again. And I still probably will.” -Ashley F. (The AP Book Club)
- “This is kind of the ultimate summer read for me–fast paced without being fluffy, addictive writing that doesn’t drop in quality.” -Rachel M. (Giant Squid Books)
- “Cults are one of the most unsettling things to read about, and I felt unsettled for the entirety of the book, which I think just goes to show how well O’Kane wrote this book.” -Rochelle (Goodreads)
- “Intriguing. A fine job. Spent most of the book trying to figure out what would happen next.” -Joe S. (Amazon)
- “I love this book! The day I purchased it, I was only planning to read a few chapters. I couldn't put it down until I finished it.” -Britt C. (Goodreads)
Have you picked up your copy of Essence yet? Here are some handy purchasing links: