Check out Deana's final "Gearing Up to Get an Agent" Blogfest post: Novel Contest Winners and a THANK YOU!!!. Is anyone else feeling GUTGAA withdrawals already??
In other news, this Blogfest has also introduced me to A.N. Villasante. Her young adult fantasy, The Farm, sounds fantastic (check out her first 200 words here: GUTGAA Week 4 First 200 Words), and she was generous enough to bestow me with the Liebster Blog Award. (That means "friend" in German; Google just told me that. ;))
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
5. And most of all - have bloggity-blog fun!
Because I have just met soooo many amazing bloggers, this award is EASY, and I can't wait to spread the love. Here are my five Liebster pics; check out their blogs if you'd like to meet some noteworthy up-and-comers!
1. Kate Larkindale is a writer, cinema manager, film reviewer and mother to two boys. She also just wrote a kick-ass YA contemporary, Chasing the Taillights, that I really, really can't wait to read someday.
2. Robin Weeks just wrote such a clever opening to her YA urban fantasy, GEAS, that I'm already hooked. Half-human pixies snagged by paparazzi while wearing gym shorts? Who would have thought it??
3. Angela Cothran gives great advice, and her novel, The Alabaster Refugee, has such a compelling opening that I can almost smell the grass and overgrown brush.
4. Christa has written this amazing book, Manhole, that bravely tackles the horrific and tragic subject of rape through the point of view of the rape victim's boyfriend. Gives me shivers just thinking about it, and it I think it's a book that really needed to be written.
5. Rachel Dillon's novel, The Lion Within, explores some interesting internal changes that take place when her main character Renna is bitten by a ravenous, blood-thirsty lion. Such a unique idea, and did I mention Rachel is also an amazing artist??
There you have it! Thanks again to everyone who made the GUTGAA Blogfest such an incredible success... I'm SO happy I participated!