If you haven't visited Sophie Li's blog, The Wordsmith Apprentice, you really ought to. Not only is Sophie the most adorable Army vet and ex-parachuter you've ever seen, but she's also in the process of finishing her first manuscript, raising two kids and generally being fantastic.
My second blog award is from Pam Asberry, and it's so chic and svelte that I don't know what to do with myself! My brand new "Stylish Blogger Award" proves once and for all that hiking boots and dirty clothes CAN be trend-setting!
As a disclaimer, take a stop by Pam's blog, Sometimes It's Cloudy, Sometimes It's Clear, to see what REAL style looks like! Not only is Pam a writer, piano teacher, jewelry designer and single parent, but she's also an incredibly classy lady, and I'm honored someone so chic chose to give me this badge.
Last but certainly not least, Alison Beightol just bestowed me with my third honor, the "Versatile Blogger Award." Wow, I looove this award; we are all juggling multiple paths as aspiring writers, so it's amazing to be recognized for my little corner of the world.
Alison's blog, Adventures of the Cautionary Tale, is a wonderful place to visit. Not only does she jazz it up with hilarious pictures, but she provides tons of fun content, and she never fails to make me laugh. If you don't know Alison yet, you really, really, really need to swing by and say hello!
Thank you SO much, ladies! You have truly made my day!
After doing some soul searching, I am ready to pay my gifts forward. Here are a few rules before I announce the recipients of MY blog awards:
1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about myself.
3. Pass the Sweet Blog Award to 15 blogging buddies.
4. Pass the Stylish Blogger Award to five new-found blogging buddies.
5. Pass the Versatile Blogger Award to five fellow bloggers.
6. Contact the winners to congratulate them.
Without further ado, here are my winners (in no particular order). Some of you I've known for awhile, and some of you I've just met, but I've been touched by your kindness, style and humor, and I'm so pleased to be able to show my appreciation for you with these awards.
IRRESISTIBLY SWEET BLOG AWARD
1. Anita Howard
2. Amy Armstrong, MS, NCC
3. Lydia K
8. K. Syrah
9. Girl Parker
10. Dawn Brazil
11. Deirdra Eden-Coppel
13. K.C. Blake
14. Bethany C.
15. Jennifer Snyder
STYLISH BLOGGER AWARD
1. Rebecca Dupree
2. Moonlight Gleam
3. Talia Jager
4. Kimberly Spencer
5. Eliza Faith
VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD
1. Kalen O'Donnell
2. Katherine Jenkins
5. Anna L. Walls
Now, on to my seven random facts. Compiling these was great fun; I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them!
1. My original career goal was to be a garbage man. People think I’m kidding when I say this, but I absolutely wanted to be a garbage man when I was five or six years old. This was back in the days when garbage men actually stood on the back of the garbage trucks, and I used to stare longingly at those dudes, wishing there was some way I too could someday get paid to hang on the back of a moving vehicle. (The whole disclaimer that you actually had to stop and pick up trashcans every few feet obviously didn’t make a dent in my childhood brain.)
|Photo Courtesy of California Cthulhu (Will Hart)|
|Photo Courtesy of Wikimedia.org|
|Summer 2003: That's me!!|
|Photo Courtesy of Terry Goss, Wikimedia Commons|
|Photo Courtesy of Rainer Marks, Wikimedia Commons|
|My bony feets!|
|July 4, 2009: Milk Glacier, Girdwood, Alaska|
|Photo Courtesy of Antonio Muniz|